Mike Montague interviews Rebecca Heiss on How to Succeed at Fearing Less. The scariest thing is living a life full of fear. That’s not living. That’s relying on fear-based instinct to make choices for us. Rebecca has dedicated her life to pushing back on those instincts and leaning into the discomfort.
Rebecca Heiss is a speaker and author of Instinct. Find her at https://rebeccaheiss.com/.
In this episode:
- The best attitude, behavior and technique on how to succeed at fearing less
- Biology and psychology conspire to make us more fearful
- People actually cheer us on when we push past our fear
- Fear feels real at the moment – we have to determine if it is real
- Change your feeling of fear to a feeling of excitement
- The placebo effect is real
- Slow your breath
- Distract yourself
- Start with a small step
- Seven instincts hold us back
- Rebecca’s definition of success
The How to Succeed Podcast is a public and free podcast from Sandler Training, the worldwide leader in sales, management, and customer service training for individuals all the way up to Fortune 500 companies with over 250 locations around the globe.
Find white papers, webinars, and more in our free Sandler E-Learning Library: https://www.sandler.com/sell