Programming notice: We’re combining Early Addition and Additional Additional this week as a result of the brains behind these hyperlink round-ups is on a well-deserved trip, and his editor cannot sustain!
Precisely one 12 months after Ida dropped historic rainfall on the 5 boroughs, New York Metropolis is experiencing a near-perfect climate day. Go exterior and luxuriate in it! However first, your hyperlinks:
- If you happen to’re into pseudo-stalking celebrities, there’s a farm stand in Tribeca the place, reportedly, A-list celebrities are repeatedly noticed, together with the likes of Alexander Skarsgard and Frank Ocean. It’s only open on Tuesdays.
- Additionally, on Tuesday, Leonardo DiCaprio reportedly went out clubbing … on the unique Ned NoMad – THE SAME CLUB MAYOR ERIC ADAMS IS SUPPOSED TO CELEBRATE HIS BIRTHDAY THIS WEEK. Coincidence?!
- Assume you’ve had sufficient Eric Adams on-the-town content material? Assume once more. Eater NY has actually created a map of locations the “nightlife mayor” likes to go.
- Transferring on, to an ex-public official, former Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s marketing campaign has dropped about $8,000 on Fb adverts linking to a Every day Information op-ed defending him.
- Right here’s one thing bizarre: on Monday, crews in northern California have been cleansing tomato sauce off the interstate following a big-rig crash. Then on Tuesday, police say a tractor-trailer spilled alfredo sauce throughout an interstate in Tennessee. Will noodles be subsequent?
- Whereas COVID-19 has fallen to the again of many American’s minds, the variety of kids hospitalized with covid reached a brand new peak of your entire pandemic over the summer time.
- Subsequent 12 months, MetroCard machines will begin to disappear. So right here’s a beautifully-written, heartbreaking goodbye to these huge steel containers who’ve stood proudly in each subway station since 1999.
- Congrats, you might be able to quickly edit your tweets. The New York Occasions has extra particulars.
- Greg Gumucio, founding father of Yoga to the Folks, who was not too long ago charged with tax evasion, apparently just isn’t at all times “Greg Gumucio.” Assistant US Lawyer Michael Neff mentioned Gumucio has beforehand used six aliases, three social safety numbers and three start dates.